Trio was established in 1992 with the launch of Radio Kuku, Estonia’s first independent radio station. Today it is the largest radio group in Estonia and operates six radio stations. Trio currently operates 6 radio stations and an internet portal and commands a listening share of 30% and reaches above 55% of the Estonian population every week. Of the six radio stations, four broadcast in Estonian and two in the Russian language.
The ownership structure of the Group is as follows: Communicorp Group LTD (Ireland), Eesti Meedia AS (Estonia) and private shareholder (Estonia).
Five of Trio’s stations are co-located and largely synergized, with a common sales department, back office and administration. Separate programming teams are kept, with overlap in the news and production area. One of the stations, Radio Elmar, is produced and distributed from Tartu.
The six stations, in more detail, are:
· Radio KUKU, founded in 1992, a national network broadcasting a news/talk program on 6 frequencies, target group aged 30+
· Radio 100 FM Narodnoe Radio, founded in 1992, broadcasting Russian-language and international popmusic in the main Russian-language population centers of Tallinn, Narva and Kohtla-Jarve, target group aged 25-60 Russians
· Radio UUNO, founding in 1996, a national network broadcasting a Hot AC (Hot Adult Contemporary) format on 6 frequencies, target group aged 20-40
· Radio ELMAR, founded in 1997, a national radio network broadcasting a mix of Estonian-language music over six high-power frequencies, target group aged 20-55
· Radio SPIN FM, founded in 1998, broadcasts current hit music in the two largest cities Tallinn and Taru, target group aged 15-30
· Radio DFM, founded in 2001, is a Tallinn-only station broadcasting CHR (Current Hit Radio) with a presentation Russian, target group aged 15-30 Russians
|TRIO LSL RADIO GROUP
Telephone +372 6307060 trio(a)trio.ee
Telephone +372 7420303
Telephone +372 4477511